Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Friday, December 19, 2014

Paint!

Today around the watercooler I overheard the following conversation between two interns:

I just don't want to end up like my mom!  It's so lame! She had so much going for her, but then to come back and have to get married like that. . . I mean I love my dad, but it's such bullshit! I'd never want to end up like that!

True, but come on. . . most guys will just turn around and say it's the same for them: they have to live up to stupid ideals as well.  It doesn't help at all to think of them as the enemy, that's sooo old school.  Like that guy in planning and development: he knows the score.  He doesn't feed me the same 'oh when are you getting married' schtick that I hear from so many of the old dudes.  

Yeah, but it is pretty easy to suss out the ijits from the chaff!

They both laugh.

I head back to my office for coffee, and wonder how many times I'll have to deal with interns being ijits in their own right, all while resisting the urge to bash my head against the wall until something starts to come out.  But then I do have a coworker or three who think it appropriate to lecture me and all on how calling a woman 'hot' is, like, totally inappropriate.  God forbid that a woman wants to accentuate her physical attractiveness!  If you dare to call attention to it, you are so WRONG! This coming from supposed Ivy League grads that usually get brought in to doll up the company rosters. . . .

Makes me think a good cull may not be such a bad thing.




No comments:

Post a Comment