Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Friday, June 6, 2014

Slav!


There was a moment where I thought I might write something.  I'd suggested watching Into The Wild to a Korean coworker for how you might understand a more pure, ijit, vision of what a liberal arts education can do to a person in their 20s unfettered by sustained study in philosophy and serious reflection in yesterday's 1990s America, despite how so few to none Koreans have ever got it, while even fewer of those who rejected what you were supposed to reject, before you knew what it really meant to reject what had been rejected, all of them too busy lamenting how hard done by they were at poetry slams and lines at night clubs and in articles exposing 'blindness' when really they had yet to come to see, ever really got . . . 

That Mccandless fucker wanted to give himself to the land, there really is no other way to know it.  Why let yourself be so blind if the goal is to self improve through challenge, yet you never listened to those who tried to tell you what was?  At least he had that going for him: real information.  Yet he did die. And it was lame.  But some might argue the land needed the blood. . .

I only speak of him now, some near 25 years on, as I did for a brief time what he had.  What I learned was that most people are twats: I met some fine folks when I went walkabout, but most were fucks.  Serves me right for trying to understand people so much, as opposed to thinking that being blind is the best way to live your life as Mccandless did, since not having to be 100% with those around you is a huge burden removed.  Allow me to educate you!  As opposed to understanding what I've become by being here and now. . .

Bah.  I say all this as I'm about to go camping with three families.  For some reason, the two other dads won't be making it.  Guess I should work at getting my own harlot to lie for  when I'm expected to represent at some social event.  I'm jelly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too much sauce

F5Waeg said...

Ya figure?

Post a Comment