Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Friday, March 14, 2014

Bass!

Today I came into town and had lunch with my significant other.

We ate pig.  It was delicious.

The only blip was the pair of adjumma sitting across from us: one was trying to convince the other to join her church.  She said her preacher was touched, as he could see the evil in others.  Most Christians were deluded and easily led astray.  You should join my church and sign all your assets over, as this will be the only way to save your brood.

It was pretty messed up.  When June asked me what I thought, I talked about sheeple and how easily people are led to believe: seek contentment!  This is the true way to a healthy life!  For me contentment is for those who give up on life, or for those who have not imagined more than their home town as the center of the world.  And the broken, especially the broken.  People who try to sell you contentment are actually telling you to stop living, to give up striving, as you basically give yourself a pass for not moving beyond broken if you know you are.

For some reason, on the way back to work I bought another bass. I was passing the store, stopped, went in, and within five minutes walked out with a new bad ass bass.  I didn't question or think; it just seemed the thing to do.  Equally, I could question why I've been listening to this album over and over, as I know it will soon lead to Black Sabbath, a lack of morals, and Satan.  But no matter: bass!  Rockgoddom here I come!

)

Time for bed.  But first, maybe one more beer.  It's only 3AM after all, and tomorrow is pretty light.

No comments:

Post a Comment