Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Friday, September 27, 2013

NIN!

The new Nine Inch Nails came out a while back, and like a good fan boy I went out and ordered it along with a couple of t-shirts.

What can I say?  I'm a child of the 90s, and was at Woodstock 94.  I've seen NIN in concert four times.  Yes, angry Caucasian music with lyrics full of self loathing, self doubt, and existential angst appeal to me.  There is no shame in this corner of the waegosphere.

So for your listening enjoyment, here are my three favorite tracks.  Best cue up the second to follow the first immediately, although if you want the full F5waeg experience, listen to the third like thirty times:






5 comments:

Baek In-je said...

I think Trent's music has really gone downhill since he got off the smack. I have been underwhelmed by everything past Fragile. He needs to go back on the line and put out a good album.

F5Waeg said...

Could be. . . or maybe he just got old and married and shit. Hard to maintain that level of anger when really your life isn't conducive to it; he is rich enough to not be lean and full of as much angst anymore.

Baek In-je said...

Do you enjoy the new album? I don't.

F5Waeg said...

Can't say I like all the songs, but tracks 5 and 9 are also growing on me besides the ones above.

F5Waeg said...

It's also about evolution: are you the same when you were 26? If you were and putting out tunes, what would be said about you?

Post a Comment