Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Independance!


Greetings reader, F5Waeg here reporting from the wilds of gangwon province!

As today is one of the many official Korean holidays recognizing the replacement of the Japanese colonial yolk for a whiter variety, I dragged the fam out to the wilds of gangwon province to enjoy some quality time getting wet and grilling obscene amounts of butchered flesh.

While I could be somewhat irked that I did not butcher the flesh myself, I was quite pleased by the results of my grilling adventure: a couple of nice slabs of pork, beef, and thickly sliced potatoes being the main draw. For better or worse, I'm not into the Korean habit of eating everything that can be thrown into a pot, as evidenced by the amply equipped 'fisherman' stationed in front of my tent, who is excessively excited for having caught two minnows, but I digress.

Really nothing more to say save I'm about 2 bottles of whiskey in. June was positively flirtatious today, but that's just her trying to get me back in her orbit. It always happens when she senses I'm getting too far away and other females are paying too much attention.

Time for some more whiskey.

No comments:

Post a Comment