Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Panpirin Q!

I've felt like complete shit the last few days; caught an awful sinus cold so bad I didn't even want to drink.

I'm convinced it's because I spend too much time in my office. It's a sick office: I don't bother to turn on the ventilation, as whenever I do everything gets covered in a fine layer of dust. I also know the ceiling is full of asbestos.

I decided to take the afternoon off yesterday as I wasn't getting anything done. Best to go to the sauna and maybe sweat a bit, then to bed early.

When I got home, my mother in law took pity on me and gave me a bottle of Panpirin Q. I knew she drank the stuff near everyday, but didn't really think too much about what it was.

Wow, what can I say? Within an hour I felt better than I'd felt in some time. That shit cleared out my sinuses and jacked me right up. Still sorting out what's in it, but I immediately went to the chemist's and bought some more. Cheap too: 2000 Won for 5 bottles.

June looked at me reproachingly when I walked in with a box of it. She's been watching both her parents drink the stuff regularly for years. I can understand. Not sure what's in it besides the caffeine, ephedrine, and paracetamol, but whoa! it definitely sorted my cold out.  Now I can get back to being a happy, productive drone!

Time for coffee

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, man~

It's about time you got your proverbial lyrical finger out of that no-good, alcohol pickled (and no doubt very smelly) arse hole of yours, and managed to pick up pen again~

I think if you write a blog, then you shouldn't get lazy and not bother JUST because you feel like 'not bothering'~~

So here's to it. Let's be havin' ya~~

Oh, and by the way - that blood stained pavement from Boston that ya displayed a while back wasn't even the real thing. Just fake blood after a fake injury scene (i.e. a pre planned drill). And if ya don't believe me, then just google 'legless guy at Boston bombing' and see what that throws up....

Man, you are a lazy bugger! Check those sources!! But you can turn it around with a bit of Korean diligence~~~

Anonymous said...

Good to read a few new posts... MIL potion has definitely out a little more pep in your step.

Anonymous said...

http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=musicwill&logNo=80058483238&widgetTypeCall=true
this link says that taking pq for a long period of time may hurt your liver and kidney. other side effects too.

F5Waeg said...

true dat. Guess the Panpirin Q is actually political, as workers are expected to not miss a day of work due to illness, just drink one of those puppies down and get to it, drone!

Post a Comment