Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Friday, March 29, 2013

Reading!

Tonight was a big English reading night at this Waeg's household.

I'd recently acquired box sets of Oxford Bookworms, starter and first level. I paid 90 thousand for each box, a 25% discount for being so awesome by paying in cash.

I've used them in the past to great success.  Many are abridged versions of classics, with comprehension, vocab, and writing exercises at the end of each book.  They served nicely to supplement the reading component of my classes back in my E.T. (English teacher) days, so I thought I'd try them out on the girls. We went through Survive and A Mystery in London from the starter series.

I was happy with the youngest's progress: she is reading quite well for a first grader.  The eldest needs more attention however.

We also read some Beatrix Potter.  Tonight we took a break from the Judy Blume; the girls are huge fans.

Tired now.  Time for sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment