Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Monday, March 18, 2013

Indian Museum!

After pushing through a pile of paperwork until the middle of the afternoon, I realized that today would be an excellent day to check out some of my favorite camping spots in preparation for the spring's first big camping extravaganza.

I decided to try out a few side roads I'd neglected in the past.  I ended up back on highway 82 down through Jucheon when several brand spanking new signs appeared, encouraging me to visit an honest to goodness Indian museum.

I admit I was skeptical at first: the English on the sign could have been a case of English fail; what I would actually find would be a folk museum, somehow the Indian being used in place of 'folk' or 'native', but the Korean did specify India.  Sure enough, it seems an old retired couple who spent considerable time there scooped up an abandoned school and turned it into an Indian museum.

Sadly it was closed on Monday.  But something tells me I know what I'll be doing this weekend with the fam.  It'll be a great opportunity to teach them some Korean history, in particular about the early days of the Silla Dynasty
Maybe combine it with a day trip involving some barbeque.  A good time should be had by all.

Time for coffee.


No comments:

Post a Comment