Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Country!


Where's Waldo?
Today I bundled the fam into the van and went out to visit the Indian museum and have a bbq.

The museum was actually better than I thought; the eldest curator sent her 20 something daughter over when her mom realized I knew more about many of the exhibits than the guide.  The daughter has great English, speaks well, and is pleasant to have a conversation with.  I suppose I'm not too disappointed that no one knew anything about the historical Indian - Korean connection.  The eldest curator said it was probably fiction, although the conviction she displayed only after first being surprised and unsure didn't persuade me. 

Afterwards we went down to a spot near Juchon and grilled up some pig and cow over an open fire.  It was delicious.  We also ate soy bean paste soup with nengi that we scooped up around our picnic site.

After letting the fire die down, we packed up the hammock, tables, chairs, and cooking gear and headed back to the Wonj. 

For dinner we had a boiled ham, delicious scallop potatoes, and corn.  During dinner, I had to explain 'singing to the choir' and how to properly play gas-liquid-solid.  No, you can't use fork as your solid, what's it made of?  Yes, metal, what kind of metal?  Steel is made of . . .?  Iron.  Don't we eat that? Sure, but what are you going to say for gas?

Tired now.  Been a long day and there is a bottle of rice wine tempting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment