Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Chicken!

Today I roasted up a chicken in our new steam oven. It turned out quite nicely.

After picking off most of the meat, I threw the carcass into a pot, covered it with water, added salt, pepper, sage, savory, a ton of garlic. After it had simmered for a couple of hours, I took out the bones and threw in chopped carrots, potatoes, flat noodles, broccoli, an onion, turnip, some of the chicken.

I took the rest of the chicken and made sandwiches. We had them with the soup for dinner. It was delicious.

Full. I won rock scissor paper on doing the dishes and am quite successfully ignoring June's mutterings as she does them. Hey, at least I cleaned up all the mess I made from making the soup.

Time for some Max. I started William Gibson's Zero History while cooking, should finish it before sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment