Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Hermione!

Lately the eldest has begun mimicking Hermione from Harry Potter.  She insisted we buy her a coat similar to one Granger wore in the first film, and whenever it is movie night she constantly requests Harry Potter.  She has seen each film at least 3-4 times, and has read the entire series twice (in Korean).

But last night it took everything to not start laughing when she began speaking in a distinctly Hermione style.  I decided to not say anything and went along with it.  There are worse role models to have after all.

It is interesting that at about the same time she really got into the series, her math scores improved considerably.

Still, I am glad that I've stopped letting her watch Harry Potter movies for a while.  It is good to broaden one's perspective, hmm?  As we just finished reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (again), it's been all about the Raold Daul and watching both versions of the movie.  They both think Johnny Depp is weird.

The other day she came home with James and the Giant Peach, although I had to teach her the word Giant. Yes darling, I have read that book.  I quite enjoyed it when I was your age.  I'm not sure if there are cloud people; have you ever seen any when we took a plane?  Not just cloud men, I'm sure there must be some women as well.

Time for coffee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The first thing that popped into my head was the SNL skit with Lindsay Lohan as Hermoine. Good luck with that in a few years.

Post a Comment