Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Finger Condom!

Today I headed out to the bustling metropolis of Heongseong to see a doctor about changing the bandage on my finger.  Heongseong is about the same distance as the Wonj from work, and I decided to go country and avoid the traffic around the places I've visited over the last week.

The finger's looking pretty nasty, thanks for asking, but the itch lets me know that it is on its way to being healed.

After wrapping it up nicely, the doctor reached into his stack of bandages and then handed me what is best described as a finger condom. When I called it this, he immediately began laughing and went on for a good three minutes. OK, it is pretty good, but was it that funny?  I laughed along and said thanks.

As he was showing me how to put it on and off, he said: "Ah, your finger, it is very thick".  Yeah doc, that's what she said.  He didn't get it.  He seemed to take great interest in putting it on and taking it off, rolling it up just like a Trojan before putting it in a small plastic bag and handing it to me.  He said since it was so tight, I should make sure to immediately remove it after showering.  No worries, I know to take it off once I'm done.  He didn't get that one either. I decided it prudent to avoid any snarky comments about Korean condoms.

In any event, happy to finally be able to take a shower without wrapping my hand in a ziplock bag held in place with elastics.

Awesome.

Time for coffee.

7 comments:

Juls said...

This kinda puts me off. Never heard of such thing. Though now I do.

Todd said...

If you fingerbang the wrong woman your finger won't get herpies now.

Anonymous said...

http://cultso.com/artist-takes-every-drug-known-to-man-draws-self-portraits-after-each-use/

Anonymous said...

Hello Mr. Happy! One week and no updates. Are you okay?

Spike said...

Dear Mr. Happy,

Over one week without an update. Are you okay?

Signed,

A Concerned Reader

F5Waeg said...

Still alive, no worries I'll post otherwise. But wtf, only 2 comments and 6 emails after 10 days??

Exploding Unicorn said...

Two comments and six emails is the Internet equivalent of sending our a search party for a lost child. It's pretty aggressive. When I stopped writing for ten months, I received one comment and no emails. That's the Internet equivalent of canceling the search party and buying a new kid instead.

Post a Comment