Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Salvage!

condition: salvage
Today after cleaning out the car, I decided to head over to the local car part salvage marketTM.

The fam van needs two new sliding doors, a new door on the back, a new windscreen, and new floor mats.

They had everything I need.  Total cost for the lot: 120 manners, not including labor.

It seemed a bit high.  I'm tempted to drive up to Chunchon to check out a bigger salvage yard there.  I told the guy I'd get back to him, but thought it was pretty steep.

He then offered me 60 manners for my van.  When I told him the engine was replaced 5 years back, he laughed but then upped it to 65.

Nice negotiating skills, waeg.

Now I have to decide: should I buy the parts and get them installed, or should I simply buy a new car?

Decisions, decisions.

Best to think about it over some rye and water.

No comments:

Post a Comment