Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Get Used!

I have so many good friends here, that I love and care for immensely, and it angers and upsets me that they allow themselves to be so easily manipulated.

What?

Emotional manipulation.  You ever read Machiavelli?  At least know, better yet encourage, the prejudices of the masses; when things get tight, just push the magic mob button, and have them react, get riled up, expend their energy in some 'safe' preset way, distract them from thinking too much about what really matters.

What are you on about?

Every country does it.  It just seems so much more crass and obvious in Korea.  Too many emotional buttons to push, granted so horrifically by history.  Still, I wonder how so many intelligent people let themselves be used.  Get Used.  isn't that a brand name?  They changed it to Coax a few years later.  here, pass the bottle.

I think you've had enough.  You're not making sense.  

You want to know what I'm on about?  Are you sure?  You probably don't want to hear what I have to say.  Unadulterated.  It will make you angry, or at least uncomfortable.

Silence.

OK, I'm going home.  See you later.

Good night waeg.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dokdo?

F5Waeg said...

That's one of the bigger ones.

Post a Comment