Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Floor Mats!

Today I did something nasty that I'd been putting off for awhile:

I cleaned the floor mats in the fam van.

With all the camping, they were pretty damn nasty.   The one in the back of the van had some steering and brake fluid on it, as the respective bottles had oozed out some of their contents.  It doesn't help that they are made out of fabric instead of rubber, which makes them all that much more absorbent.

I went to the local DIY car wash near my place and took the high pressure hose to em, then gave em a good scrub.  I tossed em into a washer they had there set to spin cycle, and watched as they came out pretty much just as filthy as when I put em in.

I considered doing the sensible thing, which was to douse them in lighter fluid, light em up, and chuck em into the dumpster.  At least that would be mildly entertaining.

Instead, I threw them back into the van and went to go look on gmarket for replacements.  Then I started looking at new cars.  I figure what with everything that needs replaced on the van, I should just buy a new one.  Instead, I decided to go to the local salvage yard to check out how much it would cost to get all the things I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment