Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Dinner Home!

The remains from the 3rd crepe
Tonight I decided to head home early, go all out and make a full course meal for the fam.

I started off with a mixed green salad with tomatoes and cucumbers, served with warm baguette. Olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dressing.

This was followed with chicken cordon blue served with buttered parboiled potatoes. I impressed myself with how well I was able to butterfly the chicken breast, folding it over the ham and cheese nicely. This was dusted in finely ground rice flour and lightly fried in olive oil.

Delicious.

For dessert, we had crepes, served with canned raspberries, mangoes, raisins, and of course whipped cream.

The girls clamoring for crepes was what set the whole affair off. They found a recipe in the multicultural cookbook the eldest got at school a while back, and had been after me for the last few days to make some. I decided to make a full go of it, as I was pretty tired of eating kimchi chiggae, rice, and bean sprouts anyway.

So full.

Now there is a nice mountain of dishes.

I'm sure they can wait until morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment