Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Monday, July 2, 2012

Parking!

Early Sunday morning, I listened with some small glee as the guard adjusshi spent a solid 6 minutes reproving some asshat over the apartment intercom for blocking the roadway into our apartment with their car.  I thought it was great that the guards were getting more medieval on idiots who park wherever they hell they want; the same guards love to glue big warning signs on unregistered cars when they stay in the parking lot for more than a day or two.  The way I see it, more than a few repeat offenders deserve public embarrassment of that sort.

When he was through I decided to go rubberneck while ostensibly going to the store.  When I got downstairs, I saw that it was the woman who drives the gold Matiz; she often parks her car temporarily across from the door while she goes in to get her infirm aged mother.   It's a flat, easily accessible spot at the bottom of an incline that is fairly easy for her aged mother to climb in and out of the car.  Three times over the last couple of weeks, some true assholes have come along and parked their cars along the curb next to the door, thus making it impossible for anyone to get by. I know this since I heard her trying to explain this to an irate driver last week, who had had to wait a good four minutes for her to move her car.

Parking along the curb is considered OK; still, you've got to wonder what goes through a person's head when they just say fuck 'em, I'm going to park here and block traffic since that Matiz shouldn't be there anyway.  Let them get shit on.  And a shitting it was, as the guard did not mince his words about how terribly irresponsible it was for the owner of license plate 7653 다 (gold Matiz) to park where they did.

I'd be the first to blast the Matiz driver as well if I didn't know the score.  No one should even dare barring me from a prime spot next to the door dammit!  But I've seen her helping her mother into the car.  The old woman can barely walk down the steps out of the apartment.  The fact that the woman in the gold Matiz actually shows up at all and tries to take the woman out for whatever is a cool thing, and then to deal with being told you're a bad person to the entire apartment block must be a hard pill to swallow.

I wrote a letter this morning explaining the situation to the guard.  After getting it checked for grammar and spelling, I plan on dropping it anonymously onto his desk when I get home.  Just wait for him to go out and fold boxes or some shit.

Time for coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment