Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Friday, July 6, 2012

Electric!

I suspected that I would come to regret writing last week about how happy I was that the rain had finally come, and this morning this suspicion bore fruit:  it seems that massive water damage has occured as the rain found a way in and ran down the inside wall of our apartment, frying the electrical in a good chunk of the house.

When we had no power this morning, June assumed it was in the entire apartment, but when I checked the breaker and saw it had shut off I knew the problem was in our apartment.  I knew it was serious when the breaker would not turn back on.  A quick check of the walls and I found the water stain on the wallpaper near the door to the laundry room patio, and knew this was a serious problem.

Electricians have been in and out of the place all morning; my prediction is that we may have to move out for a few days while they rip the ceiling out to do the repairs.  No gas or electricity for several days.  Just like camping haha.

Let's wait and see.

Time for coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment