Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Little Prince!

Tonight I finished The Little Prince with the girls.  They loved it, almost more than they loved Harry Potter, from which we've taken a break since the fourth book, even though they've read them all in Korean save the last.

I love the book.  Sad that I missed out on it when I was young, not having read it until high school.  But then, despite appearing to be rather small and simple, it actually is a rather challenging text.

For both girls, it seems the part where he was traveling to the other planets was their favorite, followed by the discovery of the well.  The youngest thought the lamplighter was funny, while the eldest laughed at the king.  They both thought the drunkard highly amusing as well, but had to be reminded of the vain man.

It was good to read it again.  I used it as a reading text for late elementary / early middle back in my teacher daze.  It always went over well.

I'd like to read Jonathon Livingston Seagull again, but I think they're still a bit young for it.  Looking through my bookshelf of left over books, I think it may just about be time to introduce the Oxford Bookworm series to the eldest.

Time for some Max.

No comments:

Post a Comment