Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Friday, June 22, 2012

Gear!

Today I scooted out of work a bit early.  I needed to pick up the groceries for the work camping trip this weekend and buy some dedicated kitchen gear. 

I foolishly tried a local camping store first: way overpriced.  I found a few things on the internet that looked good, but of course you take your chances with the quality.

I near bought a whole kitchen set up, but refrained.  Pretty soon I'll need to buy a roof carrier for all the gear, and that defeats the purpose of camping.  Instead, I hit the local Daiso and bought all cheap crap.  It cost me a little over a manner for the lot.

June was not impressed.  She wanted to buy a ceramic coffee filter holder and a set of Japanese made camping kitchen wear.  I pointed out that this would cost near 20 manners, when I spent less than 2.  She just gave me the 'you-can't understand-because-you-are-a-man' look. 

I get that her friend, whose husband runs his own traditional medicine clinic, has nice gear.  Still, part of the point of camping is to not bring the entire apartment with you.  The gear should be minimal and functional, and if you can get some cool multipurpose stuff, go for it.  Ideally, it would be stuff that wouldn't weigh that much and could be easily carried if necessary.  A folding work table with spice rack and utensils is not that.

I imagine I can hold her off for at least a couple of weeks.  It does look nice, but maybe by digging around I can find a nicer one for cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment