Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Visit at the Inlaws!

Today I packed the gang into the famvan to visit the inlaws. My brother in law came with his Chinese wife to celebrate their marriage.

A good time was had by all, despite how I had to weather a string of small slights from June. She'd look at the river and remark how dirty it was, mostly she said from all the tanneries and US military bases; she'd complain how I wasn't driving carefully enough whenever I was forced to drive defensively due to asshattery from ijits. These were relatively small. I drew the line when we started talking about my new sister in law's visa, the F6.

They must have given her that instead of an F2 because they don't trust her like you, you are from a rich country.

Actually the F6 is a better visa, since it can't be cancelled by the Korean spouse. Too many Korean dudes marrying other Asians threaten to cancel the visa if the new wife doesn't cook him breakfast.

Well, she can't get the F5 like you.

Actually, I had to wait for an F5. She can get one too if she stays married living in Korea for the right amount of time.

Well every time we went to immigration you got your papers processed so much faster than all the Asians waiting.

Sure, there is less risk that you are importing me under false pretences, pretending to marry me then selling me off to some room salon. Immigration needs to spend more time checking that kind of thing out.

At this point I thought it best to drink with another brother in law. We're at their place.

The kids are all running wild and I'm playing matgo, watching stoopid Korean dramas. He keeps ripping these nasty farts, to which we each take a shot of whiskey. Classy.

Time for more liquor.

No comments:

Post a Comment