Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Squirrel!

Today I went wandering downtown to look at clothes.  There isn't a whole lot to buy in the Wonj, but I did make the mistake of buying a hanbok outfit at the local Dolsilnai

As I was heading back home, on a whim I decided to pop in the bank to see if there was any cash in there.  Usually there isn't, as June will usually vacuum whatever I leave behind from my monthly allowance in pretty short order.

Imagine my surprise when I found 80 manners.  A quick check showed that some of it came from expenses for driving to Seoul for the weekly seminars I've been hosting, and some more came from expenses for my last trip to Singapore.

I did the only thing I could: I quickly withdrew the lot, walked down the street, and squirreled it away into one of my other accounts.  Hopefully, June won't check the transactions for this month.   

Couldn't have come at a better time: the fam van needs a new windscreen, new brake pads, and a new battery.  At the very least I can now get that all dealt with this month without worry.

But I also decided to stop at a nearby liquor store and buy a bottle of vodak and Kahlua.  I'm looking at it now, but I've decided that there shall be no liquor this weekend.

Time to do the dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment