Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Idealism!


On Friday, one of my coworkers asked: why do you enjoy camping so much? Isn't it boring? Don't you get bored? All people do is cook pig, kimchi stew, instant noodles, and get hammered. What's the point of all that?

I felt like saying if you need to ask then you just don't get it, but thought instead of how I'm away from my computer and TV, outside of my little box of a room surrounded by hundreds of other boxes, hear no car horns or people fighting with one another. I see and do things I can't normally, and meet people I wouldn't otherwise. Mostly it's about being in nature, which generally calms me down and makes me feel better. I can think with a perspective I can't easily achieve surrounding by all the distractions of the urban world.

Sounds too idealistic he said. Enjoy collecting plants and pretty rocks. I'll be having a great time at home watching movies, playing games, with maybe some pron thrown in.

I'm sitting on a rock by a stream. There's a nice breeze, birds are singing. I just had a bowl of delicious chicken soup. Last night I had a few beers but nothing really hardcore. I feel clear and light. The girls have played games, caught tadpoles, gone exploring.

Nothing wrong with a little idealism from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment