Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Monday, May 21, 2012

Fish and Chips!

Not mine.  We ate them all before the camera had a chance
Tonight was fish and chips night.  It had been a very long time since I'd made it, but I happened upon some nice frozen cod filets my last run through Costco and was inspired.  I whipped up my secret beer batter, cut up some onions, and deep fried the lot.  For tarter, I did that white trash thing: mayo, chopped up sweet pickles, lemon juice.  It was delicious.

After dinner I regaled the girls with stories of growing up with my dad as he taught me the value of a good work ethic.  It was related to the girls doing the dishes, but degenerated into much laughter and silliness.  I suppose they are still a bit young to be doing the cleaning. 

4 comments:

matt said...

Well done, sir. I chuckled. Though you might want to start smaller. My parents had my sister set the table and I clear it. This was awhile before the dishwashing came to bear. Mind you, we had no kitchen table and only a table in the dining room, so there was a tiny bit of a hike. But perhaps those two tasks are a bit more palatable than washing dishes (a task I despise, I'll admit). Plus you do get to teach the 'right = knife' 'left = fork' five letter four letter trick to the table setter - a lesson they will keep with them for life. Though my parents never did, perhaps switching the table setter/clearer from time to time might shake things up a little...

F5Waeg said...

Lol yeah we do that except most of the time it's chopsticks and a spoon XD

Anonymous said...

You can buy tartar sauce in emart or homeplus.

F5Waeg said...

yeah, don't like it though. With how often I use it, simpler just to make my own.

Post a Comment