Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Dog Pension!

Around the water cooler today I asked a coworker what he did over the long weekend. His response was that he and his missus went and stayed at a dog pension.

??

Yeah, it's like a pension that accepts dogs. They also have activity courses for them to run and a dog friendly swimming pool. The one we went to wasn't all that great as it wasn't as decked out as some of them out there.

I wasn't sure if he was being serious or just pulling my leg. A quick Naver search didn't bring up a whole lot at first except a lot of dog friendly places to stay, although I did also see some places that offered dog funerals and even dog friendly restaurants. I'm assuming that the latter isn't a place where little Fido is an item on the menu, although that kind of restaurant just might have a certain appeal: bring your own dog and we'll butcher it up and stick it in a pot for you.

I have to admit I was a bad coworker: all I could do was laugh for a solid three minutes as he stood there with a look that suggested disemboweling me just might be OK under the circumstances.

Still, different strokes.

Time for some dandelion wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment