Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Thanks for the Link!

The last couple of days have been pretty slow and uneventful. Yesterday I had the girls as June was off at some seminar for work; we made bead necklaces, spent hours reading, went for a walk. I cooked bacon cheeseburgers. They were good. Today was more of the same: June was getting ready for a midterm, so we made a couch fort with every single pillow in the house, read some more, watched stoopid videos on youtube. I made chicken soup. It was very good.

I hadn't written anything here all weekend, and was starting to feel bad: mostly I keep at it for the discipline, even though most of what I write is inane ramblings on random shit in my mundane life. I sat down wondering just how many repetitive posts I could write about cooking, playing with kids, random encounters on the street, at work, just out. Explaining some of the finer points of K-culture is always a means to get focused, so I was about to bang my head on the table until something came out when I saw this link in the comments on Waved Down.

If you don't mind spending several hours looking at interesting pictures, click it. Otherwise, stay away. Some of the photos are NSFW, and some would not appeal to the average aesthetic. Click into the archives too. Some seriously stunning visuals.

I spent a couple of hours. I felt pretty good after. Something tells me I'll be going back often.

Time for grape juice, as I'll be on the wagon for the next while. Let's see what happens with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment