Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Maintenance!

Today I scooted over to the kindergarten to meet up with the fam.  Many had come out for the spring maintenance and massive clean.

It started off as a nice day for it, with clear blue skies and a nice warming sun.

There wasn't a whole lot of maintenance to do.  Some of the new dads who have come in this year are pretty keen and have been taking care of it over the last few weeks.  I had to content myself with planting a few shrubs, donated by one of the dads who operates a greenhouse, and mopping the floor.

By the time everything was done, the place was looking pretty spiffy.  Sadly, the yellow dust had rolled in and mucked up the sky, taking away the heat and making the day less cheery. 

We went out for dinner with a couple of the fams.  We had a nice chuckle when one of the wives started yammering on her husband to lay off the liquor.  We'll commiserate later.  As I was driving, I'd kept myself sober all day.  The mom said: look at waeg!  He didn't drink!  Why can't you take a day off?  Not sure where she was going with that, but I just smiled and ate my chicken soup as someone else changed the subject.

Time to watch Spartacus.

No comments:

Post a Comment