Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Camping!

I've taken charge of the camping club again this year.  There is so much more interest that I was able to collect enough cash to buy two ten-people Coleman Weathermaster tents and a cook set at Costco.  

When a bunch of us tried to set up one of the tents the other day, it quickly became apparent that one of the poles was fucked.

I sent a polite email to Costco.  They responded accordingly.

They at first offered a full refund.  I asked if there was any way I could keep the tent and get a replacement pole.  

Within ten minutes, they had agreed to send me an entire set of replacement poles.  Win.  If any other pole gets busted up, there will be replacements.

All Hail Costco, Consumer Mecca!

That was pretty much the highlight of my day.

The downside was peeps bailing on the camping trip this weekend.  It was initially suggested by the group, and despite my warnings on how it would be still quite cold, the enthusiasm at the time was palpable.  Tuesday rolled around, and only three were ready to commit.  This = wasted time on organization, spent searching for appropriate valley locations.

Now I'm in a spot, as I had already requested company funds for transportation and food.  Now I have to deal with bureaucratic bullshit and reschedule.  Lame.

Did I say this yet?

All Hail Costco, Consumer Mecca!

Right.

Time for some Max.

No comments:

Post a Comment