Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Another March 1st!

Warning: Seriousness.  Return tomorrow or Friday for regular programming.

Tonight I booted it up to the Big Smoke for my weekly seminar.  This one went pretty well.  The drive back wasn't as speedy as I would have liked; the highlight was when I did get it up to 140, two cars blew by me as if I were standing still.  And I bought a couple of tents at Costco, but let's save that for later.

When I got home I filed my report then cracked a bottle of Max.  I dug through ye old archives to see what kind of boring mundane crap I wrote last year.  March 1st is a great chest thumping day for Koreans, and would be a great opportunity for foreigner bashing.  This is understandable if you dig a little on what the day means.

But any waeg worth their salt should be able to pull out the example of Frank Schofield when trying to negotiate a conversation of how the Yanks and everyone else told the nascent Korean resistance movement to suck an egg.

You're welcome.  It's nice to know that not all waegs are complete wank bastards who are only out to screw the Korean people, yes? Nothing wrong with screwing mind, but there is screwing, and there is screwing.  Enough of that.

But shhh.... don't say that too loud.  It goes against the Nationalist agenda, and we wouldn't want them to get their panties in a knot; they might spend all their energy doing something crazy, like founding a group of 'concerned citizens' who would follow around waegs and dig through their garbage in search of anything that might prove all waegs to be less than Gandhi.

Wait a minute. . . 

Never mind.

Let's just finish off that Max and watch ijit videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment