Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Red Bull!

A while back the news that Red Bull was on it's way to Korea burned through the waegosphere like a bad case of herpes.

I was sitting at home working through some final specs on the projects I had to finish last week. Let's just say posting was light due to pressing work obligations and a hellish home life that saw me sleep at the office one night. Must have something to do with the new moon, but I digress.

I wasn't feeling the motivation, and was tempted to use some chemical enhancement and down a bottle of Bacchus D or some Magic Green Potion. Of late, I haven't been a big fan of the Magic Green Potion, as I find it makes me a bit too jittery and the come down is hard and nasty.

Instead, I decided to step out and get some air. Around the corner from my place, I stepped into my local convenience store to pick up a few packs of smokes.

Imagine my delight when I saw Red Bull sitting in the cooler section. When I went back home for the holidays, I must have burned through a dozen cans of the stuff, and came to really appreciate just how awesome it is.

Imagine my further delight when it cost a mere 1.1 chonners. Back home, I was paying up to 2-3 bucks per can. I guess the peeps here know that with Bacchus going at 450 a bottle at the pharmacy, they can't ratchet the price up too high.

I'm almost through my first can and my fingers are flying. The grogginess is now faded.

Time to finish up those reports.


Update: it seems the store had the price wrong, as I've paid nearly 3 chonners everywhere else.  Tried going back to buy up the whole stock at the first place, but their price had been fixed.  Too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment