Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Monday, February 27, 2012

Rain Man!

Tonight I worked late.  On my way home, I stopped at a gas station that I hadn't been to in some time.  I thought the gas there was cheaper, but I was wrong.

When I pulled in, the adjusshi squinted at me hard and said: you've been here before.  You work at that plastics company.  You don't have your girls with you tonight.

Surprised, I said yeah they're at home.  He then proceeded to do a rainman on everything that transpired the last time I was there. . . two and a half years ago.  In English.  He finished off by asking if I had been away, the subtext being why hadn't I come back to his gas station in all that time.

I felt like saying because the guy a few miles up is cheaper and almost always gives me wet napkins when I buy his gas.  Where's my service tissue?  He didn't give me any, maybe since he'd glanced inside and knew I had about a dozen scattered through the famvan.  I didn't volunteer any more info, but I have an urge to go back and watch. 

Weird.

Time for some rice wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment