Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Inspection!

Today I was able to scoot out of work a bit early since I had to get my car inspected.

It is only every two years, and only costs 2 manners.  Until they tell you what you need to get repaired that is.

The famvan is in rough shape.  I know what it needs, but I keep putting it off since the damn thing still runs.

Two new tires, new windshield, new sliding door, and that's not even counting the rust damage that has caused a nice hole in the driver's door.  The innards are all doing well as I've had most of the parts replaced within the last two years.  Still, to do the minimal they suggest will run me about 60 manners.  I'd love to just junk it and get a new one.

Suppose I should forgo the trips back home if I really want to get a new car, but I got this thing where seein' the family makes it a trip worth taking.

I was impressed with how much more streamlined the whole inspection process is.  I remember back a few years how it ran more as a gong show than anything else.  Now it's far more efficient, with monitors everywhere as the dudes tell you exactly what you need to get done over a loudspeaker.  I filmed the whole thing so I can just show it to the folks at my favorite car shop.

Time for some more Daepo.

No comments:

Post a Comment