Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Monday, January 23, 2012

Home!

Welcome reader, waeg here again.  As of this moment, I'm back in the ROK, unpacking suitcases and planning a trip to visit the inlaws tomorrow.  No rest for the wicked, eh?  But then, I have just spent a month overseas.

Coming back to Korea has been pretty much a brutal reminder of some things I successfully forgot during the last month: the taxi stand in the Wonj involved an entrance that was barely big enough to fit my suitcases through, I was ignored as I cussed out some young punk who cut in line and grabbed my taxi, my house was empty of food and drinking water despite how June has had a month to prepare for our arrival.  Just saying, but after her and the girls came back from 5 months overseas, I had a full fridge and a pot of kimchi stew with rice waiting for them when they walked in to the house.  She did come meet us at the airport which was nice, but once home started complaining about all her ailments and how I'd forgotten to pick up some omega 3 for her mom.  Here I thought we'd already sorted out that it was cheap enough to buy at Costco, but I guess I am wrong.

So I did the only sane thing I could: I grabbed a couple of bottles of rice wine at the corner store and proceeded to download a pile of movies.  I haven't watched anything in a while; even on vacation it was mostly reading or out doing stuff.  I was happily surprised to see that someone had uploaded the first episode of Spartacus: Vengeance on the Pirate Bay.  Once I unpack some more shit, I plan on getting into some more rice wine and working out my jet lag.  Work starts on Thursday, but I'll be going in on Wednesday to get things started.  I did have to work on a pile of stuff while away, including two separate trips to Singapore.  Looks like I'll be going there in mid March first, then maybe in July. 

Back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment