Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Thursday, December 15, 2011

What Really Matters!

Ice cream!  That stuff is amazing! The person who invented it deserves a medal.  Chocolate, caramel, vanilla, strawberry . . . the flavor doesn’t really matter.  It’s the sheer awesomeness of having that first cold bite fill your mouth on a hot summer’s day.  This is what really matters: small, seemingly insignificant moments, when you can truly appreciate just how fantastic it is to be alive.  Playing with my kids going crazy during an insane jam session, sharing a great meal with June or friends, making a snowman and snow angels . . . all we need to do is recognize and enjoy those moments.

I need to remind myself sometimes that getting caught up in all the BS detracts from being thankful for what you have.  Usually not letting other people's neuroses infect me isn't that difficult, but the last week has been a real trial.   Now I'm done letting that kind of thing get in my way.

At least until next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's my goddamn All Kinds of Wrong!!!?

F5Waeg said...

was sick. up now.

Post a Comment