Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Monday, December 12, 2011

Delicious Grapes!

Click Picture to Learn More!
Everyday I go to the grocery store I'm reminded how Korean farmers have thankfully gotten wise to diversifying crops; the other day I got my hands on some delicious locally produced fat red grapes.

I remember back in the day seeing little variety in locally grown produce; even broccoli was a rare sight. Now every grandmother is growing broccoli in their own little patch, and you can often get two small heads for a chonner and a half at the local markets, or right from the producers themselves as they are set up on the main downtown street in the Wonj.

These grapes were not the more common kind of grape found in Korea, as seen in the picture. I find the cost / benefit on those to be generally poor: too much work and not always that fantastic. While sometimes you can get a good batch, pinching off the skin and sucking out the juice is a waste of time. As a protip to the neophyte waeg, just eat the seeds, you could use the roughage anyway.

The reason I think this could be that I'm simply a lazy ass waeg who would rather just eat the whole thing in a quick, convenient, efficient manner.

Or it could be that red or green grapes are just that much more awesome.

In any event, good to see these available at a rather decent price at my local supermarket.

Time for coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment