Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Violation!

This morning on my way to work I got a traffic violation.  I got nailed by a camera for going through a red light.  It's a nowhere traffic light, and I can usually avoid the camera by going straight through the turning lane.  This morning I was a little sleepy and didn't bother.  The pink flash of the camera totally upset me for a whole fifteen minutes.

Then I remembered that it is my precious duty to contribute my share to the improvement of the road system, and even though it'll only be 4 manners, every little bit counts.  Also, I should be doing my bit to increase the waeg crime rate.  Someone has to bring it up to par with the Korean rate; as guests, we mustn't engender bad kibun amongst our hosts, and a too low crime rate would only make all kinds of people feel bad.  Who cares if running a traffic light isn't the same as fraud, rape, theft, or murder?  It's the thought that counts.

And I was truly all about running that red light.

Don't thank me; when living in a foreign country, it is important to be civic minded.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

isnt' it a 150,000? kinda pees on that parade if that's the case, don't it.

F5Waeg said...

Actually navered it, says 6 manners. I confused it with a basic parking ticket.

Spike said...

Don't count out your manners yet. I've been flashed many times with no ticket ever arriving.

Not saying this is the case for you, but if you don't see a ticket in your mailbox in the next 10 days don't be surprised.

F5Waeg said...

that would be ok.

Post a Comment