Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Other Side!

Yesterday was hellish.  I went into work despite the nagging voice inside my head telling me to stay home and get the rest I need.  I spent the day being half as productive, trying to fight off the drowsiness caused by the meds the doc gave me.

Many of my coworkers never take a day off unless they or a relative has died.  That's the way things are supposed to roll in the ROK.

Good thing I went in, as for some reason an outline I submitted more than 2 weeks ago was eaten by the server.  Yesterday was the deadline, and if I hadn't of been there things would have been complicated.

I came home last night completely wiped.  I went to bed early and had some funky dreams about people I hadn't seen in a long time.  They weren't bad dreams, just funky.

I woke up this morning early.  The damned mosquitoes had been at me for over an hour when my bowels demanded immediate attention.  Another side effect of the meds; I won't describe what happened next, suffice to say it was nasty.

I am feeling better, about 78%.

Time for coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment