Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Monday, November 7, 2011

Locked!

Tonight the youngest thought it would be a fantastic idea to lock the door to her bedroom.  The eldest promptly came to me:

Daddy, she locked the bedroom door!  I tried these keys but none of them fit!

The eldest had actually amassed a fairly sizable collection of keys, from where is a mystery.  As luck would have it, none of the keys that came with the apartment worked, nor any of the others for that matter.

No problem!  I've got this.  Step back and watch the master at work!

I tried the 'ol pop the lock in the little hole under the knob, no luck.  There was no space for me to slide the paper clip in.

Next I tried a book club card.  As these things go, the frame left no room to slide the card in.   Card is now totally f*****.

Finally I dug out a suitable Allen key and went to work at it with a paper clip.  After about 20 minutes of this I went and got a hammer.  Nothing the claw won't fix!

I resisted the urge to smash or rip it out when I remembered that locksmiths usually put a small sticker on your door.  Sure enough I went out and pulled the sticker off and gave it to June.  She was amazed that such a thing existed.

Within 20 minutes, dude showed up and had the door open in about ten seconds.  My manhood did not shrivel up however, since instead of Hulk SMASH I used my superior wit to call in a professional.

Total cost: 1.5 manners.  Cheaper than replacing the knob.

Still, Hulk SMASH would have felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment