Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Green Felt Table!

The original?  Panmunjom
One thing the more astute waeg will notice is how many VIPs have a glass covered green felt table in their office.  Whether they be a civil servant, business executive, or school administrator, the green felt table is ubiquitous and a symbol of their importance.

Green could represent peace and prosperity, a welcoming.  The first time I saw one I thought we should take the glass off and get a Texas Holdem tourney going.  But this is a product of my Western background, Koreans would never dream of doing such a thing.  They'd play gostop instead.

I've sat at many a green felt table in my time in Korea, but I've never had my own.  I'm slightly jealous of the accounting department as their meeting room has a big green felt covered conference table.

But I suppose, they do count the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment