Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Urgent!

Tomorrow I've got an insanely important presentation to give.  A rich contract from a company in Singapore is on the line.  The interns and I have been bustin' hump for the last two weeks getting everything ready. 

I'm exhausted, but I can't sleep.  I came home late to find the eldest desperately wanting help with her maths, while the youngest also wanted to work on some writing exercises.  June was nearly passed out, and when called on complained about how tired she was from her busy day.

A long time ago I briefly dated a nice Korean girl who unfortunately had a nasty cold sore.  She'd get quite upset when I wouldn't kiss her on the mouth.  Look darlin', you know I like you, but cmon.  I ain't kissin you when you've got that showin'.

We broke up over it.  She said she hoped that one day I'd end up dating a Korean woman who would truly make me understand about Korea.  Her curse has haunted me ever since, especially when my lovely spouse complains about being so busy and being so tired everyday, yet when I was on vacation I saw her have a good fours to five hours to herself everyday during which she watched dramas, shopped, or went out for lunch.  That she would rip my head off for sitting around reading instead of taking care of the housework or basically just getting out of the house almost made me walk once and for all.   Instead, I obliged and went camping frequently, as any sane man would in the same situation.  Makes me appreciate the motivations of the absent adjusshi father.

Anyway, need to be fresh tomorrow.  Brain, go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment