Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Small Yappy Lap Dog!

Shamelessly Taken from Here
Sometimes people say all kinds of crap without thinking about it too much. 

This blog is a case in point.  I just speak my mind, when I should just sit quietly.

A popular pet among Koreans is the small yappy lap dog.  I'm not a big fan of the small yappy lap dog.  I figure anything that small shouldn't be making such a racket, especially as they could serve nicely as a football.

I get that keeping a bigger dog in an apartment is problematic; what I don't get is how people will often dress the damn things up and color their hair.

One of the secretaries in accounting brings in her small yappy lap dog to work.  She leaves it in a carrier for most of the day, and it usually doesn't make too much noise.  For some reason it doesn't care for most males in general, only the excessively gentle and lacking in testosterone types.

Around the water cooler this morning Mr. Cha and I were joking about the uselessness of the small yappy lap dog.  He's a nice guy who spent most of his life in SoCal, and is often thought of by some of the older Korean guys as being too much of a twinkie, but I digress.

I made a joke about how pointless it was to keep such a small dog since in case of societal collapse, it wouldn't even make a decent meal.

His eyes clouded for just a second, then he laughed and said 'hey no problem.  I heard far worse when I was in SoCal, the whole Korean eating dogs thing hahaha'

I was appalled.  That thought hadn't even entered my mind.  I was making a serious observation as to viability of how much protein I could get off a small dog in case the supermarkets suddenly stopped stocking mandu.  Fak.

Now I'm concerned that Mr. Cha will at the very least think me more oafish than I actually am. 

Now, I do believe that stupidity is a universal constant, and I'm hoping he won't hold a grudge against me and that his panties aren't in a knot about it.  From experience, these types of conversation never end well.  You can't win and its best to just smile.  When will I ever learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment