Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Money!

I've been working at trying to save all my coins and extra cash these last few months to pay for the trip home at Christmas.

We haven't been back in two years, so we're about due.  This Christmas plans on being something special, with most of the family gathering together in a single house rented just for the event.  Should be a blast for the girls.  I'd like them to stay there a few months, but June is completely opposed to the idea.

June knows I've been trying to save cash.  Each time we go back, it costs at least 1000 manners, what with airfare, car rental, extras.  So it's in this spirit of "let's save cash" that she's been buying tons of extra books for the girls, expensive eye cream, new clothes, new tires. . . this month she even asked for extra, as the 450 manners she usually has to play with from my end won't be enough.

I crunched the numbers and looked at the spread sheet budget she had done up.  It took me all of 30 seconds to find that she'd tacked on an extra 90 manners by adding a zero to a couple of numbers.  It was undoubtedly an error, but wow, 90 manners ain't exactly chicken feed.  You'd think that kinda thing would stand out, especially as insurance ain't anywhere near 60 manners nor is the electric bill ever close to 40.

Now she's giving me the cold shoulder again because she says I don't trust her with money.  I ignored her and went to work.  I'm beginning to think my compromise came too early, seeing as ever since I stopped being so frosty she's been more so.  Guess I should just continue being a cold, distant bastard.

Time for coffee.

2 comments:

Rusty Shackleford said...

Read any of those "How To Pick Up Women" books. They will tell you that you have to call out a woman on her bratty behavior early and often. She is in fact testing you and will respect you more if you do so.

Having said that, it's easy to give sage advice from the cheap seats. Good luck with your lady troubles.

F5Waeg said...

Yeah, I know how to deal with it, just (turn on the asshole) be firm and ignore the tantrums.

Post a Comment