Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Jump!

Yesterday I skipped out of work a bit early to attend a company dinner in Seoul.  I was cutting it close in terms of time, so imagine my consternation when the damn fam van wouldn't start.

Seeing as I'd just replaced the distributor cap, I thought it might have been a faulty install.  The truth was I'd left my lights on.

Idiot.

I scrolled through my numbers and realized I hadn't moved my insurance service number onto the new phone.  A quick call and they'd send a wrecker to give me a boost, free.  I was about to look it up on the web when I decided to go over and talk to the construction guys working on the new building.

It turned out one of them did indeed have jumper cables.  Within 10 minutes of talking to them I had the fam van up and running.

Nice guys.

I booted it up to Seoul and arrived just in time, but then I did hit mach 3 at least once, and got off the main expressway to avoid the congestion at Yeoju.  Next purchase: jumper cables.

Time for coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment