Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Concert!

Tonight the youngest was to play at a local community concert.  She has been practicing the jing for some time now.

I went to work today.  Things are intense until the end of the month and I'm pulling a lot of late nights.  I was worried I wouldn't be able to attend; I always try to get to these kinds of things.

I was able to finish up sooner than anticipated, and so I booted it to the school where the concert was in full swing.  I get there only to find that June and the girls still hadn't arrived.  I found out from another mom that the youngest's group had already played.

When they showed up, June was nonplussed.  I didn't know what time she was to play, I was tired, I didn't think you were coming.  It took everything not to flip.

The eldest's concert last year was a blast, and she had a great time.  I get annoyed since it often seems that when it comes to the eldest, June makes much more of an effort.  To deny the youngest her chance on stage because "I was tired" seems pretty damn lame, especially since she didn't have to work today and I found out from the girls that she spent the 45 minutes prior to arrival shopping on the internet.

Sigh.  Back into the trenches.

No comments:

Post a Comment