Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Revisionism!

The pain in the ass thing about keeping a shite blog like this is how occasionally you need to go through and clear out old links.

I'm not talking about the 'So many kinds of wrong' category.  I'm mostly thinking of the 'I've posted this as Korean Culture, and somebody just showed me that this makes me look bad, so I should just change it 'coz I have no balls and wouldn't want to state things as they are because I've got a mincy cock' category.

That is a mouthful, but not nearly as much as the shits who have gone through and changed links deserve.

If I can say one thing about the West that is superior to the East, it has to be the solid commitment to self reflection in an honest way.

I refuse to discuss self help books here, since they are the province of peers who should just send me their bank information.

Yet there are way more ijits / scholars / retreads back home who will willingly acknowledge history for what it is. 

Over here, it's all about saving face and wearing pink shirts with murses.  And pretending what isn't is.


Nine Inch Nails: Survivalism (Uncensored) (2007) from Nine Inch Nails on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment