Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Friday, September 2, 2011

Ocarina!

When I got home, the eldest was in her room alone with the lights on.  I peeked in to see what was up.

Daddy!  Daddy, my ocarina is broken!

I bought a nice ceramic one for her last year.  She doesn't play it at school anymore, but still uses it for our impromptu concerts and randomly picks it up when the urge strikes her.

Let me take a look sweetheart.  Yeah, I can fix that.

I took a nice strip of tape and put it back together.  Good as new hon.

She asked me to play it.  She was amazed that I could play great classics like Mary Had a Little Lamb and Do Re Mi, as well as making up random tunes.

Whenever I play something random on the keyboard or guitar, she'll teach it to herself within a week or two at best. 

Maybe I should start her on some Sabbath.  She's already got variations of White Stripes and Velvet Underground and some random stuff I made up.

No comments:

Post a Comment