Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Night Out!

Today I was a fairly productive drone.

I burned through a dozen reports, finalized a couple of products, set up teams for three more.

By the time five rolled around, I was feeling pretty beat.

I was looking forward to heading home and hangin with the fam.  But then Mr. Na called me up and asked me to come out for a dinner.

When a superior asks you out for dinner, the only suitable excuse for saying no is that you are either near death or highly contagious.  This can be trying if you have six or seven bosses.

So now we're at a seafood restaurant.  I've been entertaining myself watching a couple of the younger women trying to dump their soju into water glasses.  All the while I've been listening to Mr. Na and Mr. Cho talk about baseball and government scandals.

I'm already half in the bag and there is talk of a second round.  I'm really not that keen on it as I've already engaged in the obligatory 'you use chopsticks well', 'you are so Korean', and 'Korean ginseng is the best' conversations, and figure I should be allowed a pass.  That won't happen, and as the mood is still rather light and innocent with lots of laughter, I don't think it'll get to the point where we start talking about Dokdo or the problems Samsung is currently facing.

But then you just never know what could set one of them off.

Not wanting to seem the killjoy, on with the soju and double entendres.

I hear the noraebang calling. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment