Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Monday, September 19, 2011

Ignition!

For the last month or so, the fam van hasn't been starting on command. 

I'd be willing to bet the problem is with the spark plugs.  It has rained a lot the last while.  It has trouble starting when sitting cold for a day or two, especially when it's wet.

When I brought it to my favorite car shop, I was disappointed that one of the head mechanics started in about how that dandy was back again.

The dude I usually talk to was obviously distressed.  He knows I Korean fairly well. He is also the owner's son, and if my gaydar is correct, closeted.

Yeah, sorry I'd rather not take the time to sort this thing out on my own.  I guess you'd rather I not pay you to study how an engine works and not let you get dirty and figure it out faster.  Then, I know this is your province, the mocking of those who won't take the time.  But if you die, no worries, I've got it sorted.  I'm pretty good at figuring that kind of thing out. Sadly, my dad worked me over so I'd have a desire to not step into that family mold by encouraging me to study whatever I wanted at uni, as long as I finished it. 

I'm willing to bet it is something pretty simple, but I'd rather spend my free time looking at ridiculous memes on the internet, playin' the bass, and reading about the history of Moldova and Zimbabwe while drinking whiskey and beer.  Maybe this is part of the problem: I'm not doing enough with my hands besides banging on a key board and masturbating.  Ennui.  There's a word my dad wouldn't use.  But then, he is a steam engineer who works on warships.

It is weird that of all my male family members, I'm one of the few doing work not related to engineering or dealing with metal or wood. 

Instead I went for plastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment