Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Home!

Tonight June and the girls are hanging out with other moms and kids at the youngest's kindergarten.  It's our turn to clean it, but the cleaning usually turns into a small social event.

June did give me a hard time for having not come out to clean in some time.  She says every father comes out to help clean the kindergarten when it is their assigned day.  I know this is pure bullshit: all the dads I talk to only admit to cleaning two, three times at best.  They show up the first two or three times to make an appearance when they start sending their kid to the kindergarten, then maybe once every 6 months at best after that.  This means I'm ahead.  I'm not sure how this reality translates into 'they come out all the time to help and hang out', but as far as I'm concerned spending three to four hours at the kindergarten eating and listening to kids go crazy while gossiping isn't my favorite way to spend an evening.

I mentioned I had to go do maintenance tomorrow night, so I'd be taking a pass.  Looks like we need to replace some of the ceiling tiles.  'Meadow Flower' the cat had another litter of kittens, and decided to hide them in the ceiling to keep them away from the kids and the dogs; in the process she ripped out a corner in the 3-4 year olds' room.  It was decided that replacing the lot was about due anyway.

Now I'm about to watch the latest episode of Breaking Bad while having a cup of rice wine.  I haven't had much time to myself lately, what with research and going to bed early the last couple of nights.  Work promises to be full on till at least early November, and there is Halloween to think about.

On with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment