Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Chuseok!

Harvest is just around the corner, and today I found out that I've been pretty much given a bye for the festivities.

It would seem that the Bother-in-Law was unable to get a visa for his Chinese girlfriend.  They'll be coming next week instead.

That sucks.  I was looking forward to meeting her.  I hope she's aware of just what she's walking into: even I've picked up on the murmurings in the family about her intentions towards the only son, and I'm usually the last to hear anything.  He's pretty loaded and twenty years her senior.

I plan on warmly welcoming her.  The dude had a rough go during his first marriage and all the power to him if he's happy.

June asked me if my family ever said anything about her 'marrying up' when we tied the knot.  No darling, they didn't say a word.  Simple congratulations, that you were pretty and seemed very nice.

The only flak I caught was from several of my Korean acquaintances, who universally said I was making a mistake and could do better.

So it looks like a few days of camping are on deck.  We are going to a spot not too far from where most of the Inlaws live, so that the girls can at least meet up with their cousins for a day or three.

I plan on getting some hiking in as the trails around that area are pretty nice.

Time for some Max.

No comments:

Post a Comment